Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 12797 times.
Virgin
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 09:46 PM
Default Screenshot Filesize Help
Hi! I've had some trouble with uploading screenshots to SXS; my file sizes are too big, so I shrank my images to meet the requirements. But now the images are lower quality, of course, and I got a 3/5 on image quality for a recent upload, which means that it should be possible to have higher res images. I was just wondering . . . how I might make the image sizes smaller without loosing quality? The images in question are the ones from this post: http://sexysims.info/download.php?t=176707
Advertisement
Lost Virginity
#2 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 10:38 PM
What I typically do is take my pictures in bmp or png format. Then downsize them to meet a site's length/width requirements but keeping that bmp/png format. Then finally I simply use MSPaint to edit the bmp or png picture and simply resave it as jpg as the last step. Resizing a jpg picture frequently causes a loss in quality but generally resizing bmp or png format keeps the quality. A jpg picture is usually the smallest filesize of those three formats.
Virgin
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesED
What I typically do is take my pictures in bmp or png format. Then downsize them to meet a site's length/width requirements but keeping that bmp/png format. Then finally I simply use MSPaint to edit the bmp or png picture and simply resave it as jpg as the last step. Resizing a jpg picture frequently causes a loss in quality but generally resizing bmp or png format keeps the quality. A jpg picture is usually the smallest filesize of those three formats.

that helped, thank you!